Monday, November 15, 2010

It Is Real, It Is Really Happening

Never thought this day would come and I didn't know how I would feel. I have watched my dad suffer in so many ways with his heart disease. Watching my dad suffer and not being able to heal him is one of the hardest things I've had to deal with. Dad is kind of like a roller coaster. He is high and then he is low and it is a viscous cycle, but this time dad was low, real low. Dad was very sick weeks ago and we realized that his time for a transplant was here. We knew this day would come, but we never expected it to be now. The doctors have always thrown the thought around but this time it is real, it is really happening.

Dad got the official call from the doctors last week and it hit him. He called me to tell me and I could just hear his voice, he was sad. It broke my heart but I held it together while I talked to him. I hung up and just let out the tears. Why was I crying if this is something we have all wanted for dad? I was crying because it became a reality and I am scared. Scared of the unknown and most importantly, scared for dad. I know how I feel about all of this, but I can't imagine how dad feels and what is running through his head.

I know that as a family we will get through this and I know dad will be okay. I look forward to the day that this is all over and I can watch my dad live the life he has always wanted, with a new heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words for our dad. The love and support from family and friends means the world to us.