Hello from Middle America. Approximately 890 miles from where my father sits now with an awesome multidimensional fanny pack. I know how terrible it must be to carry that thing around all day, but at least he can tuck his wallet, cell phone, and heart pager in there. It is hard to believe that dad is probably 30-60 days from the inevitable....a new life, a new beginning, a new challenge. Not many people get a second chance at life, but if there was ever a person who deserves one it is my dad. That sounds cliche but I honestly feel that man has been through so much that it is about time for him to relive his early 30's.... believe it or not; that is the last time he was healthy. You would never guess he was living with half the heart function as you and I.
Being so far away has proven to be very difficult during times like these. Not being able to drive to the house and hang out with my dad when he is down is tough. I know my Mom, Sandi, and Chris have everything under control, but like everything else we are a unstoppable team when all together. I guess I have come to the realization that there is a pretty good chance I will not be able to get to Philly in time for the surgery....really it all depends on what time the call comes, and what state I happen to be in at the time....Amongst the excitement for my dads new life, comes the excitement for us all to be together again. I can only believe the eagerness for dad to see his grandchildren will ease and speed the recovery period for him. As I write this Gabby is lying on top of the couch like a dog watching TV, and James is running around the living room acting like a ghost jumping on Gabby and Nikki.....how can anyone not laugh at these 2 crazies?
 |
| Hi Poppa! |
 |
| Kisses... |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your kind words for our dad. The love and support from family and friends means the world to us.