Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Break


To most college students spring break is about partying, going away, doing nothing, sleeping in and having fun. My spring break was about going home and spending much needed time with my dad and family. I did not sleep in or party. I was up early and learned how to change my dad's bag. I was scared at first, but I knew that if my sister could do it, so could I. We spent a day in Penn. We went to his doctor appointments. I was able to meet most of his doctors, and see how much they love him. My dad always has a smile on his face. The doctors would come in just to say hi and see what shoes he was wearing. They wanted to make sure they were cool. It was like a party with him, laughing and having a good time. But mind you, we were in a small examining room in the transplant area. I was also able to be with him when his visiting nurses came. I wanted to see what a day in the life of my family in PA was like. But all in all my spring break was just perfect. I was able to just hang out. We spent great family time. It was awesome. I would not want any other break. It was great to wake up and see mom and dad there and be able to kiss them goodnight like I used too. It was great to see my sister, and be able to be with her. It was great week. That flew by, and was sad to see end. Like they say, time flies when your having fun. I wish it would have slowed down, but I will be home again soon.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words for our dad. The love and support from family and friends means the world to us.