Thursday, May 19, 2011

Have You Seen My Ducks?

So the other day when we found out about dad's status being changed from a 1b to a 1a and now being top priority my mom called me and told me.

At the end of the conversation she said to me, "So Sand, you better get your ducks in a row because now it is really going to happen quick."

This is me yelling at them to get in a row!
Without missing a beat I responded with, "Well, mom can you come over here and find them because my ducks are all over the place and nowhere near a straight row!"

It immediately brought laughter to a conversation so full of emotion and fear. We chatted about work and all the things we both need to do and get together so when the time comes we can walk away. Well, we realized that was easier said than done, but in the end, dad comes first no matter what. The call comes, we are running and there is no looking back.

Yesterday comes with another phone call from mom with news about dad. She told me that dad is now #1 in the region and top priority at Penn. WOW!! That is awesome and so mind blowing to think about. Dad is #1 overall for a transplant. This is his chance!

Again, when mom told me that I responded very quickly with, "Oh no, have you seen my ducks? I still can't find them and I know they are not in the row I need them to be in."

Instant laughter from the other end of the phone and a huge smile from me. It has now become a walking joke with us about finding my ducks! It is something that we can laugh and joke about to take our mind off the real truth behind it all.

I am working hard to find my ducks and put them in a row, but the truth is, you are never ready and that doesn't matter. All that matters is that my dad will get his new organs soon and will be able to come over here and run all over the house with me chasing down my silly ducks!








1 comment:

  1. #1!!!! Wow! It is going to go quick! My mom is praying too. I was telling her about your dad the other night when I took her grocery shopping. How far away can the organs come from? We will be praying for your family and the donor family. What a gift they will be giving your dad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words for our dad. The love and support from family and friends means the world to us.