"As is the mother, so is her daughter."
-Ezekiel 16:44
Oh, how I pray for the above verse to be true. I long to be the woman my mother is today. Some people dread growing up and being like their mothers, but not me, I strive to be like my mom in so many ways. I find myself digging deep down inside myself sometimes to find the strength my mom shows so easily. I aim to have the positivity she does on everyday life. I pray that when it is our time to have children I can raise my children the way my mom raised us. Mom gave us everything we ever needed and so much more and even on the days when times were tough. A good part of my life mom was like a single mom because dad was sick and living in the hospital. Yes, I have memories of dad being in the hospital and sick, but I most remember the way mom made everything look so easy. I now know that there was no way life was easy growing up when dad was sick, but there is no way that mom would ever let us see that and still to this day, no matter the struggles, mom never lets it stop her from loving her family and the life she has been given each dad.
When I think about my mom I think: amazing beauty, strength of fifty super heroes, dedication to all around her, a smile to light the world and a will to carry on when the world has given up on her and dad.
When I think about my mom I think: amazing beauty, strength of fifty super heroes, dedication to all around her, a smile to light the world and a will to carry on when the world has given up on her and dad.
Yes, I am a daddy's girl, but I have never felt as close to my mom as I do now. I have realized that I need her in so many ways, more than I ever imagined. The other day I found myself calling her to let her know I was allergic to the fabric softener I bought, come on I am 26 years old and old enough to make my own decisions, but I needed to tell my mom and see what she had to say. I call her when the day has gone bad and I need to vent and hear her agree with me or I call her when I am on cloud 9 with good news. It doesn't matter what the case may be, there are days where I just need my mom and I may not tell her or show her enough, but she has become my rock, the reason I move on each day. Her will to carry on gives me the motivation and determination I need to wake up everyday and see it through to the end.
I can't wait for dad to get his transplant and see the new life it brings for mom and dad. They deserve it in so many ways, more ways than I can even think. They both have done so much and given so much of themselves for us kids and our lives that it is about time they get to live the life they have always dreamed of, together.
We had an awesome weekend together and spent a lot of great quality time together. On Mother's day mom and I went to the spa and Chris and dad went to the movies and then we went out to dinner. It was such an awesome day!
I love you mom and thank God every day for you (I am sorry I don't tell you this enough), please know that I am still growing and trying to walk in your footsteps, please don't stop thriving for life and teaching me how to live each moment for what it is worth.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your kind words for our dad. The love and support from family and friends means the world to us.